13 Mens Shoe Shopping Tips
While buying shoes for yourself, you should keep certain things in mind. Don't just get lured in by the latest footwear style, but try to check out if the latest footwear style can become your fashion statement, too. Always look out for quality products. Acquire knowledge and then make an intelligent choice. These, along with other tips on buying shoes for men, are things everybody should know before they head to a store.
Abraham Lincoln once said, Let the people know the facts and the country will be safe." While shopping for mens shoes isnt quite as important a task as running a country, the point is that its healthy to make conscious decisions in life instead of petty ones, which includes selecting the right pair of comfortable fashion shoes. One mistake now can make you regret your footwear choice in the future. This mens shoes guide provides a bakers dozen of tips that will enable you to select the right pair of shoes the next time you need them.
General Shoe-Buying Tips
- Ensure fit and comfort when looking for a pair of shoes. After
all, youre going to be spending a lot of time in them. If comfort is what
you are looking for, then dont be afraid to try out some specialty
- Know your foot size both length and width. Some shoe stores have
specialists that can measure your feet. You can also measure them yourself
and compare the results to a brands sizing chart.
- Don't just buy any local brand shoes. Look out for some durable branded
shoes that are capable enough to take care of your feet.
Where & How to Shop for Shoes
- If you want to have more choices, then visit an online store. These
typically have a larger selection of styles than brick-and-mortar stores
especially department stores where the shoe section is small.
- Don't hesitate to buy shoes on sale. This footwear is usually at a
discount so the store can make way for new models, not because theres
anything inherently wrong with it. Its a great way to get quality shoes at
a lower price.
- Shop for shoes in the afternoon or evening. Your feet expand during the
day, so shoes that are just right in the morning will feel tight by days
- Don't focus on the latest styles and trends. Instead, put your emphasis
on finding shoes that are good for your feet.
- When you find something you like, consider buying two or three pairs
especially if theyre on sale. Shoe companies are always revamping their
line-ups, and the shoes you love now might not be available anymore when
its time for a new pair.
What to Look For
- Ensure there is enough space in the shoes for your toes to breathe so
they dont get sweaty or sore.
- When trying on shoes, wear the same style of socks that you plan to wear
with the shoes after buying them.
- If you are looking for dress shoes, then make sure they match or
contrast the color of your outfit.
- Stand and walk around in each pair of shoes youre considering. They
should feel good from the start without needing to be broken in.
- Be clear about what purpose you are buying shoes for. Decide on the
formality of an event and whether they look appropriate for the occasion. If
the shoes are for daily wear, then focus on comfort. If you are suffering
from foot problems such as over-pronation or plantar fasciitis, then you can
go for custom shoes. These provide the style you love and, at the same time,
give you the perfect fit you need to have.