The same principle applies to an extremely tall man like Shaquille O'Neal; he needs to be careful and pick garments that don't make him look lanky. So, whether you're extremely short or tall, these fashion tips can help you look taller with the help of illusion.
Follow these simple tips:
Tips for shorter men
- Having a simple wardrobe avoids you from standing out in a crowd.
- Whether it's a jacket, a sports jacket, a shirt, or a pair of pants, avoid designs and patterns because they break up your outfit's vertical lines that make you look taller.
- Any kind of vertical lines in suits, shirts, pants, and sweaters will also help extend the facade of your shorter body.
- Wearing a uniform top and bottom will also make your body look longer. For example, if you're wearing blue jeans, wearing a similar blue shirt will make you look taller.
- Clothes need to fit perfectly; wearing something tight or loose will emphasize your physical flaw.
- Jackets and blazers should fall slightly below your buttocks.
- Avoid wearing blazers or cardigans with more than 3 buttons; these are designed for taller men and will make you look shorter.
- Don't wear your pants too high. Wear them just above your hips for maximum results.
- Purchase pants with a low-rise (a short distance between the crotch of your pants and the top of the waistband).
- Avoid any kind of puckering around the hips caused by full pockets, or tight and badly designed pants. They will make you look wider.
- Make sure your pants break just above your shoes so your socks don't show.
- V-neck t-shirts and sweaters will also make your torso look longer.
- Avoid tucking in baggy tops because they will make you look like an ice cube (wide and short).
Tips for taller men
Why would tall guys actually complain? Surprisingly, very tall men have a hard time finding things that fit well. Also, when they aren't properly dressed, they often appear clumsy and awkward. Therefore, to avoid looking gawky, read these simple tips and spruce up your personal style.
- Avoid wearing very fitted suits and jackets, because you don't want to advertise stick thin arms and legs.
- Make sure your top fits comfortably around your chest and shoulders.
- Steer clear of baggy clothing; flapping fabric is very unattractive.
- Your pants should be worn over your hips. Also, be sure to wear high-rise (a longer distance between the crotch of your pants and the top of the waistband) pants.
- Opt for horizontal lines with glen plaids to help you look a little meatier. Minimize vertical lines as they accentuate your height.
- Make sure your trousers fall freely on your shoes and avoid revealing your socks.
- To avoid looking like a lollipop, don't wear blazers or jackets with big shoulder pads.
Hopefully, these tips can help you look and more importantly feel better. Who knows, once you start noticing the difference, you might even start following fashion trends a little more. Please feel free to e-mail me any tips that I haven't listed at overweight guys find more flattering clothing to suit their body type.